Finally, a quick and healthy pancake recipe that taste like the ones your mom used to make!
Yields: 25 small pancakes | Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min
1 1/2 cups buckwheat, ground
flax egg: 2 tbsp ground flax + 1/3 cup warm water, mixed in bowl or 2 pastured eggs
2 cups nut or seed milk
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. maple syrup (omit if using savoury toppings)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. rock salt
1/2 tbsp. coconut oil (for greasing pan)
1. If using a flax egg, mix your flax and warm water together in a small bowl and set aside for at least 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Measure out the milk and add the apple cider vinegar. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Place all liquid ingredients into a blender, followed by the dry ingredients. Blend for 30 seconds on high until well combined.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Melt 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in pan.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto pan, wait for bubbles to form over pancake surface (2-3 minutes) then flip for 1–2 minutes on the second side.
6. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
Note: Keep pancakes hot in a preheated oven at 400°F (93°C)
• Slather with coconut oil or grass-fed butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
• Shred 2 gala apples. On medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. coconut oil. Add shredded apple, the juice of half a lemon, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp. maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until apples are soft. Top pancakes with apple mixture and eat like a taco!
• Go savoury and slather on goat cheese, leftover butternut squash and chopped rosemary or sage.
Want a saveable/printable version of this tasty pancake recipe? Download it using the button below!