Butternut Squash Soup
SWEET, SATISFYING AND FULL OF FLAVOUR!
Yields: 4 servings
1 small butternut squash, roasted
1 leek, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 small sweet potato, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 granny smith apple, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp salt
optional: 1 tsp sage and thyme
1. Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds and roast at 400F degree for 40 minutes or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, over medium heat, sauté leeks and garlic in a large pot with coconut oil, until translucent.
3. Add in sweet potato, carrots and apple. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add veggie broth. Cook on low for 20 minutes or until squash is done.
5. Remove the squash from the peel, chop it up and add it to the large pot. Add in coconut milk.
6. Use a hand blender or stand blender and purée soup.
7. Cooled soup will last for 5 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months.
Want a saveable/printable version of this satisfying soup recipe? Of course you do! Download it using the button below!