Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everyone needs a go-to cookie. Why not make it healthy?
Yields: 24 cookies | Prep time: 15 min | Bake time: 12 - 14 min
1 tbsp flaxseed, ground
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
1 cup almonds, ground or almond meal
1/2 tsp rock salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside for about 4-6 minutes.
3. With a hand mixer, blend coconut oil and nut butter until combined. Add both sugars and beat for one minute more. Beat in flaxseed mixture and vanilla until combined.
4. One by one, beat in the baking soda, baking powder, oat flour and almond meal. The dough should be slightly sticky. If your dough is dry, you can add a touch of almond milk to thin it out. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Using cookie scoop or spoon, scoop 1-inch balls onto prepared sheet. Leave 2-3 inches between each cookie.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
7. Store in an airtight container or bag for up to a week. Cookies freeze well for up to 3 months.
Want a saveable/printable version of this delicious cookie recipe? Download it using the button below!
*Recipe adapted from: The Oh She Glows Cookbook*