Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Welcome the change of seasons with these tasty, comforting muffins.
Yields: 12 muffins | Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 25-30 min
2 large free-range eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. vanilla powder
1/4 tsp. rock salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Lightly grease 12 muffin tins and start to melt coconut oil in a pot over low heat.
3. In a large bowl whisk eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and pumpkin together until well combined. Make sure the coconut oil is not hot, or you'll be dealing with scrambled eggs!
4. In a separate bowl, sift together coconut and almond flour, baking soda,spices and rock salt, then add to the wet ingredients.
5. Measure out a heaping 1/4 cup for each muffin and place into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each tin and carefully remove the muffins and place on a wire rack to cool for another 15 minutes.
8. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. These muffins also freeze very well.
Want a saveable/printable version of this PS muffin recipe? Yeah you do! Download it using the button below!